To add a question to an appraisal template, select “Administration” from the main menu, then select the “Manage Appraisal Templates” option. On the page that is displayed, click the “Edit” button for the template you wish to edit.
To add an element, click on the “Add Element” button at the bottom of the form. When the “Add Appraisal Element” form is shown, start by selecting the type of element you want to add:
- Heading: A large block heading, used to break up the form
- Display Text: Any instruction or other descriptive text you want to display to the employee
- Text Entry Box: A large textbox to capture a response from the employee
- Yes/No Question: A dropdown list where the employee can select “Yes” or “No”
- True/False Question: A dropdown list where the employee can select “True” or “False”
- Multiple Choice: Single Answer: A custom dropdown list where the employee can select a single option
- Multiple Choice: Multiple Answers: A list of checkboxes where the employee can select multiple options
- Scale: A user defined scale between two values (for example, 1 to 10) where the user can select a single option
Once you have selected the type of element you want to add, you may see additional options (for example a list of text boxes where you can enter the values to be displayed in a dropdown list).
The next step is to enter the text that is shown on-screen alongside the form element in the “Text” textbox.
Finally, if the form is a multi-stage form, you can select whether the element should be shown for each stage and whether it is visible and/or editable at each stage.
- Not shown: The element is completely hidden for the stage
- Visible: The element is shown, along with any previously entered values, but cannot be amended on the stage
- Editable: The element is shown with the previously entered values and can be edited or updated on the stage
Finally, clicking “Add” returns you to the “View Appraisal Template” page. Finally, click “Done” to save your changes.